2017 POLICIES AND INFORMATION
Policy Changes from CMER 2016
For those who attended last year, you provided us with so much wonderful feedback. We know the form was daunting, but we are grateful for the time you took to share with us many great comments. Please know, every comment on every form was read by us all. Though we are not able to make every change suggested, hopefully you see some of your ideas reflected in our 2017 Retreat.
- We are thankful we can accommodate spouses. We even have a discounted registration for couples. We are also introducing Spouses' Dinners--read more about them below.
- We have on-site rooms for single occupancy.
- We can accept cancellations with a $20 cancellation fee. See our policies on refunds below.
- We are offering 2 day (Fri-Sat) and 3 day (Fri - Sun) options.
- We welcome nursing babies and nursing toddlers. Please read our policies in the General Information section below.
- We have room for about 38 attendees with lodging. There are about 24 spots available for private rooms. Private rooms will come with bedding and linens. There are 14 spots in a bunk house, and those staying in the bunk house will need to bring their own bedding and linens. For issues of privacy, lodging in the bunk house is only available to women.
- Lodging will be one, two, or three to a private room, and each person will have his/her own bed. The bunk houses can house seven to a room.
- We also have additional space for commuters.
- Nursing babies and nursing toddlers are welcome. Out of consideration to others, we ask that you step out of the room with a crying baby. In addition we ask you have someone on site to help you with your toddlers. Toddlers will not be allowed to attend the sessions. If you are in this latter situation, please contact us for more information.
Types of Sessions
- Plenary: a meeting at which all the attendants of the retreat gather together to hear the speaker.
- Immersion: we will be spending half, if not more, of the time modeling a lesson--actually doing what we would be doing in our homes or with a group. It will be "real time."
- Workshop: though it may include a short example of modeling, the format will follow a more traditional lecture style with the possibilities of group discussion and short activities.
- Chat: this will be more of an informal discussion. The leader will come with lots of information, but the questions of those attending will determine how the time is spent.
We are excited to announce the addition of Spouses' Dinners. We invite your spouse to join us for dinner, the plenary session, and bonfire on Friday night, or for dinner, the spouses' panel, and bonfire on Saturday night. Your spouse would also be welcome to join us on both nights. The spouses' dinners are only available to the spouses of those registered for the 2- or 3-day retreat. One dinner is $15 or $25 for both.
All 2-Day registrations include three meals: Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast and lunch. All 3-Day registrations also include Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast.
Early Bird Registration
Through Dec. 31, 2016.
After Dec. 31, 2016.
You will have two options to pay for the retreat.
- Paypal: You may pay for the retreat using Paypal. If you choose this option, a shipping and handling fee of 2.9% will be added to the price of the registration to cover Paypal fees.
- Check: You may mail in a check. You will be contacted with mailing instructions after you submit your registration.
Retreat payments are refundable minus a $20 cancellation fee. All cancellations must be received in writing by Dec 31, 2016. If we have a waiting list, we will be able to accept cancellations past this date. You may use the contact form to cancel or notify us of any changes.
There are no refunds due to bad weather unless state or interstate highways between the point of origin for a guest and The Ponderosa have been officially closed by the state patrol or The Ponderosa chooses to close its facility.